Some good news about the Covid-19 pandemic: 1 million smokers in the UK have stopped smoking! Are you going to be part of the next 1 million?
Many of our habits are changing. Why not make stopping smoking one of yours?
Are you fed up with:
- Feeling unfit?
- Feeling as if the cigarettes are controlling you?
- Your family telling you, you should stop smoking?
- the horrible Smell on your clothes?
- the growing Cost?
Let’s think about your excuses now. Believe me, I have heard it all, but often these are what my stop-smoking clients tell me before they become non-smokers:
- I have no willpower
- I feel too stressed
- My partner or my friends smoke
- I’ve been smoking for too long
Smoking is the leading cause of preventable illness, causing cancer, heart and lung disease. Smokers who are hospitalised with COVID-19 more likely to suffer severe outcomes than non-smokers.
I can support you to join those new non-smokers and smash smoking now!
How can Samantha at the Live Well Practice support me to stop smoking?
Depending on the latest government recommendations and what you feel comfortable with, I can support you remotely online, or in person, in my lovely therapy room in Nottingham with Covid-19 safety procedures in place.
The research into successful behavioural change shows that we don’t “just wake up one morning” and decide to stop smoking. There are various stages that we go through in order to change. Wherever you are on your journey, I can help you be successful. The only challenge I can’t help with is if someone else wants you to stop smoking and you don’t really want to! This only works if you are motivated for change and if you want to become a non-smoker.
This is what is included in my 2-session programme:
We start with you keeping a Journal, so that you can discover what is really going on. You will find out why and when you smoke. You will discover your patterns and triggers. We then create a unique personal plan to resolve your issues.
For example, if you smoke for:
- Reward – we programme in some fun, healthy behaviour that you will enjoy much more.
- A Break – we create “non-cigarette breaks” better ways to take 5!
- Stress – I teach you mindful breathing exercises. Often, it’s taking a breath we need rather than nicotine, which in fact raises our pulse and heart rate and makes us feel even more stressed.
- Habit – I use powerful hypnotic suggestion to programme in some new behaviour to shake things up, so your brain isn’t thinking, “where is my cigarette?” it’s thinking, “what are we doing today?”
Included in the programme are:
- Hypnotic Stop Smoking MP3 – this relaxing MP3 continues at home the good work we do together in our sessions.
- Craving buster – replacing that desire for a cigarette with the thought, taste and smell of something you find repulsive
- Resolving the needs you had when you started smoking – e.g. to be in with the cool kids.
Do what Ken did:
“My name is Ken, I’m 67 years old and I’m a non-smoker. I couldn’t have said that two weeks ago but after two sessions with Samantha I no longer feel the urge to smoke and after fifty years of smoking that is a mighty statement. I expected to be climbing the walls and shouting at everybody but it just hasn’t happened. Hopefully I can do it on my own now, but I know if I start to weaken, I can get in touch with Samantha and get some help.”