Stoptober – the initiative by Public Health England runs every October and encourages people to give up smoking during the month of October. The idea is that participants pledge not to smoke for 28 days with the aim to give up smoking altogether. There is evidence that once you have managed to stay smoke-free for 28 days, your chances to give up completely multiply by five. Stoptober first launched in 2012 and has been happening every year since. The event is still funded by Public Health England. Stoptober offers a wide range of support through social media, local events and support packs.
Here are some facts about stopping smoking that may help to motivate you:
- After 3 days, you will find that you breathe easier
- After 1 year being a non-smoker, your risk of having a heart attack is halved
- After 10 years of being a non-smoker, your risk of getting lung cancer is half that of a smoker
- Half of all smokers die from a tobacco-related illness
- Roll-ups contain the same amount of tobacco as manufactured cigarettes
How the Live Well Practice can help
Using advanced forms of Stop Smoking Hypnotherapy I will deliver a 2-session comprehensive programme.
During the session I will support the release of your smoking habit by:
- dissociating the trigger of your smoking habit
- replacing more appropriate responses to cigarettes
- delivering direct suggestion to your unconscious mind to help ensure you become and remain a non-smoker
You will also receive my Stop Smoking For Life Toolkit…further helping to ensure you remain a non-smoker.
As a hypnotherapist I have been helping people stop smoking since 2010. If you would like any further information, please get in touch. You either email me at email@example.com or call me on 075 222 777 22
If you would like to book in for a session, please fill in your contact details on my consultation page.
Thanks for reading Interesting Smoking Facts for Stoptober. If you want to share it on Facebook or Twitter, please use one of these links:
- Interesting Smoking Facts for Stoptober
I can help you with:
- Hypnotherapy for Weight Loss
- Hypnotherapy for Anxiety
- Hypnotherapy to Stop Smoking
- Rapid Pain Elimination Therapy
- Hypnotherapy to Improve Sleep
- Hypnotherapy to Overcome Fear Of Needles
- Craving Buster Hypnotherapy Session
- Hypnotherapy for Exam Anxiety
Get in Touch
If you enjoyed reading Interesting Smoking Facts for Stoptober, why not get in touch?
You can even book an appointment directly in my diary!