Having your kids home from school doesn’t have to be a never ending battle of trying to get them off their devices and keeping them entertained. With a little bit of forward planning, you can enjoy this year’s summer holidays with your young ones. In 2018 we put together a list of 10 Tips, which you can access here. But by following the three tips below, you can get a head start.
1. Plan your holiday in the middle of the break
If you’re going away, it’s a good idea to plan your trip in the middle of the break rather than at the beginning or end. Six weeks is a long time, but you can break up this period better this way. It means that you’re not faced with weeks and weeks of summer holidays without anything to do.
By going away mid-holiday, you get 2-3 weeks to prepare before you go, and then another 2 or 3 weeks after the holiday where you can get organised for school to start again.
2. Get organised
Getting organised is one of the most important steps you can take to reduce your stress. It doesn’t matter what form your planning takes. Whether you prefer an online tool or a sheet of paper, simply planning what you are going to do when can work wonders for your sanity.
The idea is not to plan every minute of every day, though. Leave some time for spontaneity, the weather and any unforeseen occurrences. Make your plan a rough guide, rather than something that has to be adhered to at all cost.
What goes in the planner? Outings, play dates, travel dates if you’re going away, me-time for yourself, etc. Get input from your children, this way they feel involved as well.
3. Have a list of rainy day activities
As we can’t rely on the weather here in the UK, best make plans for some rainy day activities. Here’s a website featuring 50 fun indoor activities for kids that are easy to organise.
They include old time favourites such as
- Building a fort with pillows and blankets
- Playing dress-up
- or having an indoor treasure hunt
and many more.
Here is a free resource for you. Laura Williams from Organised Well has a
free School Holiday Planner
for you to download.
How the Live Well Practice can help during the school summer holidays
So, the children are taken care of and are having fun, it’s time for you to have some me-time. You could use this time for some meditation to wind down and relax. I have a freebie for you to download that can help to calm your mind when you’re in “headless chicken” mode and you need to slow down – my 3 Minute Breathing Space.
There are 2 reasons to use the 3 Minute Breathing Space:
- It dissolves negative thought patterns before they gain control over your life – often before you’re even aware of them.
- It’s an emergency meditation that allows you to see clearly what is arising from moment to moment when you feel under pressure. It allows you to pause when your thoughts threaten to spiral out of control, by helping you to regain a compassionate sense of perspective and to ground yourself in the present moment.
To download my 3 Minute Breathing Space for free, email me at firstname.lastname@example.org and I will send you the audio file.
If you would like to find out more ways to help you deal with everyday stresses or particularly stressful periods in your life, please get in touch. My name is Samantha Culshaw-Robinson and I am a hypnotherapist and mindfulness practitioner. I have been helping people deal with stress since 2010. You can either email me at email@example.com or call on 075 222 777 22.
If you would like to book in for a complimentary session, please fill in your contact details on my consultation page.
Thanks for reading Our 3 top tips for less stress during the school summer holidays. If you want to share it on Facebook or Twitter, please use one of these links:
- Our 3 top tips for less stress during the school summer holidays
I can help you with:
- Hypnotherapy for Weight Loss
- Hypnotherapy for Anxiety
- Hypnotherapy to Stop Smoking
- Rapid Pain Elimination Therapy
- Hypnotherapy to Improve Sleep
- Hypnotherapy to Overcome Fear Of Needles
- Craving Buster Hypnotherapy Session
- Hypnotherapy for Exam Anxiety
Get in Touch
If you enjoyed reading Our 3 top tips for less stress during the school summer holidays, why not get in touch?
You can even book an appointment directly in my diary!